Monday, February 6, 2012

Spring (?) Cleaning

I'll be honest with you, folks.  I'm not the best housekeeper ever.  I'm REALLY not.  But, well, when you've got someone other than your family (who knows how crazy you are) coming over, you should clean up a little bit.  Maybe. 

I have pets.  I'm used to tufts of hair laying around, and I'm used to seeing hair in places those pets have never been.  It seems to be a scatter effect, rather like Pigpen from the old Peanuts comics.  I have outdoor animals, and I freely recognize that the act of grooming the horses is actually the art of transferring their hair and dirt to me.  I even dropped my cell phone in the chickens' dust bath today.  Diatomaceous Earth is beneficial, right?  Somebody call me so I can make sure it still works.

So here I am, trying to get motivated to clean.  It's hard, since I just got another book that I've been dying to read.  Plus, with 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 kids, you know that whatever you clean will be messy again in about 2.5 seconds.  I've even given up on dusting for the most part, since I know that as soon as I do, a car will drive by and everything I own will once again be coated in a layer of dust.  VERY demotivational.

But then I found this video.  Ladies, click on this link for a good laugh.  Kids, please don't click on this link because it's for adults and I don't want your parents suing me.  People who are offended by dirty jokes, that goes for you too.  You've been warned.

Suddenly I'm getting all motivated again!
http://youtu.be/ZqDzKad2Q3M

I think I'm looking forward to cleaning tomorrow!  I sure hope Scott doesn't mind me being in a romance with cleaning products.  Oh, and FYI, you REALLY shouldn't beat carpets when you're wearing a black shirt and standing downwind.  Keep it in mind.

Happy Cleaning!!!

photo from Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment