Friday, January 6, 2012

WOW.

Sometimes your life has a domino effect.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.  For me, today, it was nothing short of excellent.

Beautiful Sweet gave me another tiny perfect egg.  I made Nie Joash Kooka.  Arthur didn't pee his pants.  Caitlin had a good day at school.  And I got invited to write a column for the Hillsboro Free Press.  SQUEEEEEE! 

I've never taken a journalism course in my life.  Granted, I always got good grades in English, but I never wrote for the school paper.  Years later, along comes a dear friend who made me promise that I'd blog.  Well, Peter, I finally started, albeit about a year late.  I found that I really enjoy it!  It's fun to either get on my soapbox or be educational.  And heck, half the stuff I do out here is funny.  Maybe not at the moment, but I can eventually look back and laugh.  Sometimes it just takes a little longer.

Maybe it's good genes (my grandpa was an insurance salesman at one time, my dad is an artist, and my mom always insisted on good grammar usage), maybe it's just an instinct.  All I know is that I'll be having fun doing it, getting paid a little bit, and maybe educating and entertaining people in the process.  I LOVE THAT.  Kinda like Red Green says "If women don't find you handsome, make sure they find you handy."  Well . . . if you don't find me beautiful, may you find me entertaining.

And I'm looking forward to passing all this on to my kids.  I enjoy entertaining, but I do have a lot of knowledge bonking around in my head.  It's not all fun and games.  But hey, learning and fun go hand in hand.  The more you enjoy something, the more you learn.  The kiddos already fight about who gets to feed the chookies or check for eggs.  I'm not a fan of fighting, but I love to see them want to do more around the place (and they were both tickled to get a pair of their very own work gloves for Christmas). 

So today was an excellent day.  Keep your fingers crossed for me and be sure to check out the Hillsboro Free Press website for additional info from the Fearless Farm Frau.  Thank you all for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment